On a beautiful spring day like today, tonight’s dinner is obviously going to be something BBQ! We combined 2 of our favorite spice blends to marinate and create something super tasty.
- 2 skirt or flank steaks (we used porterhouse steaks because that’s all we could find at our local meat shop)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Big Cove Foods Mary Had a Lot of Lamb
- 1 tbsp Big Cove Foods Taco Enhancer Number One
- 1 large onion
- Approx. 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 red pepper, sliced thick and blistered
- 2 Jalapenos, sliced
- Guacamole (Homemade is a million times better)
- Salsa Roja, or your favorite salsa
- Sour Cream
- Big Cove Foods Trinidad Scorpion Face Melter
- Grated Cheese
Start off by marinating your steak. Combine all marinade ingredients and toss with the steaks. We like to put our meat in a zip lock bag with the marinade, squeeze out as much air as you can and let it sit for 1-2 hours
To blister your peppers, place a pan on medium high heat. Throw your sliced red peppers on, tossing occasionally, until they get some nice dark spots, about 5-10 minutes.
For the mushrooms and onions, melt butter on medium heat. Saute the mushrooms and onions until they get nicely soft and caramelized. When they look almost ready, we like to turn up the heat to a medium high – high, for a few minutes to get them a little crispy, but careful not to burn them.
Meanwhile, heat your BBQ up to a medium high heat and grill your meat for approximately 5 minutes each side. We like ours medium rare, so you should cook it longer if you prefer more well done. Allow the steaks to rest for about 7 minutes before slicing into 1/4″ thick pieces.
Assemble yourself and eat it.
#fajita #fajitas #fajitafridays #dinner #steak #tacoenhancer #spiceblends #customspiceblends #spicy #bigcovespices #bigcovefoods #mushroom #onions #wraps