Beer-Braised Game Changer GoatTags: The Game Changer
Goat meat, the most widely eaten meat in the world, is delicious. Cooking a goat roast is similar to cooking a lamb roast, you want to do it at a low temperature for as long as you can. That being said, this recipe would also be delicious if you used lamb instead of goat. In this recipe, I used a dutch oven on a charcoal barbecue but you can just as easily use your oven.
- 2-3 lb Goat Roast
- 6 TBS Big Cove Foods The Game Changer Spice Blend
- 1-2 750 ml Chimay Grande Reserve beers, you can used another flavorful beer if you’d like
- 1 Large White Onion, sliced into 1/4 inch medallions
- 1 Medium Shallot, sliced into thin medallions
- 6 oz. Cremini Mushroom, cut into medium sized halves or quarters
- 8 Garlic Cloves, unpeeled
- 2 Large Parsnips, cut into big chunks
- 1-2 Habaneros, sliced thin
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 796 ml No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes and the juice
- 1 – 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1. Put the Goat roast in a big bowl. Coat a side with Game Changer and rest for at least five minutes. Turn and repeat until the roast is well coated.
2. Preheat your barbecue to 400 F
3. Line the bottom of your dutch oven with the onion, then the shallots. Place the goat roast on top of the onions, saving the bowl with the leftover spice. Place the mushrooms, garlic and parsnips around the roast. Sprinkle 1-2 TBS Worcestershire sauce over it all.
4. Put the dutch oven in the barbecue @ 400 F for 5 minutes uncovered. Pour a bottle of chimay into the seasoned bowl. After the 5 minutes, pour in the beer, tomatoes and add the bay leaves and cover. Turn the heat down to between 200-250 F. Slowly cook for 8 – 9 hours. Check every couple of hour to see if you need to add more beer.
5. Separate the vegetables, the meat and the juice. Serve with mashed potatoes or something good at absorbing the flavors. I recommend pouring the juice over everything!
#dinner #roastgoat #dinner #braisedgoat #bbqgoat #gamemeat #braised #goat #goatroast #gamechanger #thegamechanger #spiceblend #spices #customspiceblends #braisedmeat #lowandslow