If there is one good thing about winter, it’s all those delicious blood oranges you can finally get your hands on! Enjoy this healthy, one pot, comfort dish using a little bit of that blood orange goodness.
- 3 lbs Pork shoulder, boneless, 1 inch cubes
- 3 Small onions, roughly chopped
- 1 Medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 8 Garlic, minced
- 3 Anchovies, minced
- 3 TBS Big Cove Foods Espresso Nice, divided
- 1 TBS Dry Sherry
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 2 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (398 ml) Can tomatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup Fresh Blood Orange juice (about 1 Blood Orange)
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 Medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
In a bowl, mix pork cubes with 2 TBS Espresso Nice and 1 TBS Dry Sherry and 1 TBS Worcestershire. Set aside to marinate.
Heat 2 TBS Olive Oil in large dutch oven on med heat until shimmering. Add anchovies and onion and shallots. Cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add pork and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until pork is no longer pink.
Add Tomatoes with liquid, blood orange juice, chicken stock, potatoes. Add the remaining Espresso Nice and Worcestershire. Stir until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Put the lid on the dutch oven and allow to simmer for 2.5 hours.
Add corn and black bean and simmer for 30 more minutes.
Serve over rice.
#onepotdinner #dinnerideas #espressonice #hearty #healthy #comfortfood #rice #spiceblends #cookingwithspiceblends