Chanterelle Mushroom, Sausage and Patty Pan Penne
Right now is chanterelle mushroom season. These beautiful wild mushrooms are delicious just sauteed in butter with some diced garlic and shallot, maybe with a splash or two of Worcestershire sauce, but they are also great in pasta. Here is an easy and quick, one pan recipe that we love.
- 9 oz Chanterelle Mushrooms, small ones whole and bigger ones halved or quartered
- 1 – 2 medium sized Patty Pans, chopped into chunks
- 500 grams Hot Italian Sausage (or mild I guess)
- 1 28 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
- 2 1/2 cups of Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 lb Penne
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, divided. Extra for serving.
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 12 inch skillet with lid.
Remove casings from sausage and crumble it into pan over medium-high heat. Cook until brown.
Add chanterelle mushrooms and patty pans. Cook until softened. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Add broth, cream, pasta and diced tomatoes with the juice to the empty pan. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer for about 15 minutes until pasta is al dente, stirring every couple of minutes.
Add the chanterelles, patty pan and sausage mixture to the pan.
Stir in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top with remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Cover and remove from heat.
When all of the parmesan cheese is melted it is ready to eat!
#pasta #noodles #penne #chanterelle #dinner #easy #vegetables #cheese #parmesea #parmeseancheese #parm #cheesey #cream #salt #pepper #skilletpasta #onepotmeal #onepot #pot #pattypans #sausage #italiansausage #hotitaliansausage #pastadish