We love when we get recipe inspiration from the rest of our team!
Our newest member, Nana, has put together this potato and chicken salad, full of veggies and flavour!
Nana has been helping us out in different areas of the company, all while attending school and working. Well when we heard she loves to cook, we couldn't resist asking for her input in recipes too!
Highlighted here are two of our blends coming together in salad bowl you can feel good about!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 6 medium sized russet potatoes
- 3 handfuls spring leaves mix
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup Big Cove Foods ‘Hot Jerk’ spice blend
- 3 tablespoons Big Cove Foods ‘Mary Had a Lot of Lamb’ spice blend
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, mix the Hot Jerk spice, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of salt together. Marinade the chicken with the mixture for at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper afterwards.
- Cube the potatoes; they should be no thicker than half an inch thick on all sides. Drizzle the olive oil and add the remainder of the salt to the potatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper .
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the lettuce in a large bowl; set aside.
- Place the trays with chicken and potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes. Flip the contents of each tray at the 25 minute mark.
- Combine the potatoes with the Mary Had a Lot of Lamb in a bowl right after baking
- Slice the chicken into strips, and then cut the strips into half.
- After allowing the potatoes and chicken to cool for at least 10 minutes add them to the bowl with greens and tomatoes. Toss, serve and enjoy!