A Salad as easy as this is definitely worth trying!
The best part of this recipe is that you can play around with whatever vegetables you may have left in your fridge, it's the marinade that is going to bring it all together in this asian themed salad.
This recipe was created by Chuck Maloney, a great side dish that was whipped up when we were able to get together for one of our epic feasts. Sometimes the best recipes come when you're cooking with friends.
So the next time you're getting together, safely in your bubble, with friends for dinner, give them a vegetable to cube and create this salad.
- 1 cucumber, cut in half to remove seeds and cut in small cubes
- 1 large purple daikon (radish or regular daikon work as well), cut into small cubes
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- hand of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of chinkiang Chinese vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of Big Cove Foods 'Ancient Chinese Secret'
- In a large bowl, combine your cucumbers, daikons and peppers.
- In a separate small bowl, stir up all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing all over the vegetables and toss to combine. Add in the green onions and cilantro leaves at the end.
- And there you have it enjoy!