Egyptian Summer Israeli Couscous
A side dish worthy to sit next to it’s main. Easy, simple ingredients that you can experiment with any which way you please. Here’s our take..
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 tsp Instant Stock Mix, chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 yellow pepper, or any color, diced
- 1 tbsp Big Cove Foods Egyptian Summer spice blend
- 1 lime, juiced salt to taste
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt the butter and saute the shallots and garlic until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, Egyptian Summer spice blend and instant stock mix.
- Add the Israeli couscous and toss to coat all the ingredients together.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, until the couscous is soft and liquid is gone.
- Stir in lime juice and salt to taste.