Game Changing Pork Chops (Sous Vide)Tags: Pork
Equally as delicious if you want to just slather these Chops with The Game Changer spice blend and throw on a hot grill!
- 2 – 4 1 inch thick Pork Chops (look for ones with nice fat cap)
- 1 TBS Big Cove Foods Game Changer Spice Blend
- Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS Vegetable oil
- Preheat sous vide water bath to 136.5 F.
- Coat pork chops in Game Changer and splash a bit of soy sauce on them. Place pork chops in a single layer in a food saver or large ziploc bag and remove all the air.
- When sous vide water bath reaches the proper temperature, lower the pork chop bag into the water. Make sure that the pork chops are completely submerged. Cook for 1 hour.
- Once the hour is up, remove the bag and let the meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron pan on medium high heat on the stove with the vegetable oil. Once the oil is shimmering and lightly smoking, grab the pork chops with tongs and sear the fat caps. Sear them until some of the fat has rendered, about 2 – 3 minutes. lay the pork chops down in the pan to brown, about 30 – 60 seconds per side.
- Remove the pork chops and plate them.