What do you get when you slow cook a piece of pork butt? One amazing sandwich. Filled with topping of your choice! But we highly recommend these ones we provide you below. Longest prep you’ve ever done for a sandwich probably, but it’s worth the wait.
- Pork 4 lb boneless pork butt
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, sliced width wise
- head of garlic, broken up
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1/4 cup Hot Jerk spice blend
- 2 mangoes, peeled, diced
- 1 shallot, diced fine
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 red pepper, diced fine
- 1 cup mayo
- 1-2 tbsp Hot Jerk Spice Blend
- Sliced cucumbers
- Baguette Buns
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Plan out your sandwich day because this pork will take you about 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 and place rack on lower middle.
- Take your pork butt and cover it with that delicious Hot Jerk spice blend.
- In a dutch oven, lay down your onions, then add the rubbed pork. Cover with the freshly squeezed orange juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic and then water. Cover with tin foil and tight fitting lid. Pop her in the oven and leave it alone for 6 hours.
- Take this time to make your mango salad by just adding all of those ingredients together. The more time it sits in the fridge until sandwich time, the yummier it’ll get.
- Six hours later, take out your pork. Carefully remove it from its juices and set on a plate. Two forks will do the trick to pull apart and shred the pork. Cover and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp of butter until melted. Add 2 baguette buns, split open and cut side down. Toast until lightly browned underneath.
On each bun, add jerk mayo. Then cheese, pork, mango salad, cucumbers and top with your buns better half. Cut in half and serve with a any mango salad that may be left over.