This marinade was delicious on a pork roast and I’m sure it would be great for chicken too.
- 3-5 lbs Pork Roast (we used tenderloin)
- 1 Green Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Jalapenos, sliced (remove seeds if you don’t want it to be as good)
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 2 Green Onions, trimmed and sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 TBS Mary Had a Lot of Lamb Spice Mix
- 2 TBS Pine Nuts
- 4 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 TBS Tequila (we used el Jimador Tequila Reposado)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
Put everything except the pork roast in a blender or food processor. Blend until it is nice and smooth. Put the pork roast in a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade all over it. Squeeze out all the air and seal the bag. Put it in the fridge and let it marinade for 3-4 hours.
If all that blending made you tired, it is ok, you can go to bed and let it marinade overnight. You work hard enough as it is.
When you are ready, take out the pork and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Put the pork in an open vessel with all the marinade. Let it cook for around 2 hours or when the inside temperature is 160 F. Turn the pork around at least once every hour.
When it is done, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before you carve it.
EXTRA TIP: Goes really well with apples fried in bacon!
#maryhadalotoflamb #porkroast #marinade