Can we call this a healthy, dirty comfort food?
Whatever it is, I have never been more excited to post a recipe! This turned out tastier then predicted. The first time we made this it was without the sauce and we were like "yep, that needs to be a recipe!" So we made it again, but at the last second whipped up this yogurt sauce to act as the "gravy". O.M.G.
We had two zucchini's left in the garden after that last frost. And I can't think of a better way to use them then in this dish right here.
Our favourite local cheese makers, Knoydart Farms, provided these wonderfully addicting cheese curds that we are proud to flaunt in our "Porcini Zucchini Poutini"!
Add this to your "to-do" list this week, you'll want to cross it off twice!
- 2 zucchini's, cut into half moons
- ½ - 1 tbsp Big Cove Foods 'Porcini BBQ Genie' spice blend
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup cheese curds, remove from fridge once you start prep
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- ½ cup stock
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, Porcini BBQ Genie and olive oil. Allow to mingle while you make the sauce.
- To make the yogurt sauce, set a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring the stock to a simmer. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the corn starch making sure to whisk out any clumps. Whisk in the yogurt mixture to the stock and continue to cook just until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and keep warm while you cook the zucchini.
- Set a large pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the zucchini; cook until softened and you get some nice browning on the sides. Turn off the heat and add the cheese curds. Toss to evenly distribute and then move to your serving platter.
- Now drizzle the warm yogurt sauce all over! Any left over sauce place in a small bowl on the table for those who like it extra saucy.