Cheesy Broccoli Soup with MaryTags: Mary Had a Lot of Lamb
Broccoli and cheese. A match meant to be together.
The soup came together quick and easy with the help of our trusty 'Mary Had a Lot of Lamb' spice blend. It's total herbaceous flavour with notes of sumac and turmeric brightens this already excellent soup combo.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Big Cove Foods 'Mary Had a Lot of Lamb'
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 3 1/2 cups stock
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Melt the butter and cook the onions until softened. Add the garlic, Mary Had a Lot of Lamb and salt until aromatic.
- Add in the stock and broccoli and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Using an emulsion blender, masher or blender, pulse the soup a few times. Do only as much as you would like, you may want to keep some pieces in tact or get it nice and smooth.
- Back in the pot add in the cheese and stir until melted and add the cream. Salt to taste.