A super easy chicken and rice bake! Like, super easy.
Sometimes you just want a one-pan dinner. Less clean up, plop in the oven and carry on with your evening.
A good seasoning is what really makes these one-pan dinners stand out, just let the spice do all the talking.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Big Cove Foods 'Egyptian Summer' spice blend
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, diced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- Preheat Oven to 375
- In a large bowl, season the chicken with 1 tbsp of Egyptian Summer and toss evenly.
- In a large cast iron pan, heat 2 tbsp of the grapeseed oil at a little higher than medium high heat. Lay the chicken skin side down in the pan and cook until beginning to brown; flip and cook for 1 more minutes and move to a plate. Does not have to be cooked through as we will continue cooking it later.
- In now empty pan, add the onions. There should be some fat leftover from the chicken, if pan seems a little dry, add some more grapeseed oil. Cook until onions are soft and add the garlic; cook for one more minute.
- Add the rice and toss to coat; then add the broth, coconut milk, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 tbsp of Egyptian Summer spice blend and salt. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and cover.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is nice and fluffy!
- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze on top.