Loaded potato wedges!! I am not quite sure how these have never been made in our house.
The Red Rub was a perfect spice to pair with the sour cream and cheesiness as it adds a slight heat factor to spruce up this classic combo.
Cooking a few extra bacon slices is crucial in this recipe. Or you may end up with no bacon due to "the bacon thieves" - we all have one (or are one).
Don't want to go through the fuss of loaded potato wedges? Just tossing this spice blend with the wedges and cooking it would also be oh so satisfying.
- 1.5 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved or quartered length wise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Big Cove Foods Red Rub spice blend
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, toss the cut potatoes with the olive oil and Red Rub spice blend. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread the potato wedges evenly. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, flipping half way. Make sure you get some nice browning on the edges, that's going to make this extra tasty.
- Meanwhile, let's cook the bacon. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the bacon slices. Cook until just crisping up and then lay on a paper towel lined plate. Save 3 for the loaded potato wedges and 2 for snacking while you cook the loaded potato wedges.
- Remove the tray from the oven and arrange so the wedges are close together. Sprinkle the cheese all over and return to the oven just long enough to melt the cheese, about 4-6 minutes.
- Carefully, using a large spatula, transport the potatoes to a serving dish. Dollop the sour cream generously (or if you want to look fancy, drizzle using a piping bag or zip lock with a hole cut out the corner). Break up the bacon and sprinkle it all over, then sprinkle the green onion all over.
- Optional: Enjoy with some hot sauce on the side!