Mary’s Caprese SaladTags: Mary Had a Lot of Lamb
So simple and fresh – perfect summer salad that can be whipped together in seconds. Why fuss over dinner when summer is waiting for you!
- 1½ - 2 lbs tomatoes, a mix variety is more fun, sliced
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Big Cove Foods 'Mary Had a Lot of Lamb' spice blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- handful basil leaves, roughly torn
- Lay the cut tomatoes out on a plate or cutting board and sprinkle a thin, even layer of salt followed by the Mary Had a Lot of Lamb spice blend. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes.
- On a serving platter or large plate, layer the tomatoes with the cheese and basil. Drizzle the balsamic and olive oil all over.