Porcini Mushroom Risotto
We just love it when we can get a fresh take on how to use our spice blends – thank you to Kira’s Kitchen Creations for putting together this amazing recipe. Follow her on Instagram for more amazing meal ideas!
- 7 cups chicken or veg stock
- 4-5 dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 4-5 dried Porcini mushrooms
- 4 tbsp butter or oil, divided
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or stock
- 1-2 parmigiano reggiano rinds (optional)
- 2 1/2 tsp Big Cove Foods ‘Porcini BBQ Genie’ spice blend
- parmigiano reggiano, grated
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Warm 7 cups chicken or veg stock in sauce pot.
- Soak 4-5 dried chanterelle mushrooms & 4-5 dried porcini mushrooms in warm water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter or oil in pan on med heat and add 1 lb sliced cremini mushrooms and cook until water evaporates and remove from pan.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter or oil in same pan and add 3 finely chopped shallots and sautee until translucent.
- Add 1.5 cups arborio rice to shallots and heat until golden brown.
- Add 3 cloves minced garlic.
- Pour in 1/2 cup white wine or stock and stir in.
- Add warm stock 1 ladle at a time until half of stock is stirred in.
- Add in cooked mushrooms, soaked mushrooms
- 1-2 parmigiano reggiano rinds (optional). Continue adding stock 1 ladle at a time while stirring until rice is cooked.
- Once rice is cooked through add 2.5 teaspoons Porcini BBQ Genie spice blend and a generous grating of parmigiano reggiano or similar hard cheese.
- Add salt and freshly cracked
- black pepper to taste.
- Plate with a grating of parmigiano reggiano and a small knob of butter.