- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp Big Cove Foods Mary Had a Lot of Lamb spice blend
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp feta brine
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2-3 large handfuls of arugula
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- salt to taste
Cook your quinoa by following the instructions on the package. We toasted our quinoa for a minute in oil on medium heat and then added 4 cups of water. Boiled and simmered for about 15-20 or until water absorbed and quinoa fully cooked. Adding 2 tablespoons of our Mary Had a Lot of Lamb spice blend to the pot while it cooks.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the quinoa to cool more evenly.
In a large bowl; add the cooled quinoa with the remaining ingredients and toss thoroughly. Taste it and add more salt (or feta brine) or more lemon if you think necessary.