Chicken Fingers are huge in this house - even from way back when Dave and I didn't have any kids yet. Our favourite lazy, comfort food dinner was chicken fingers and fries. Having a child just gives us a bit more of an excuse to indulge, we have a picky toddler after all..
This time we added some Taco Enhancer to really spruce things up! There is a little heat character to it, so you can use as little as 1 tbsp or go even more and use 3 tbps! With our low salt content, you can pile on the flavour only.
My boys love plum sauce, but if you're looking for something different you can try mixing some sour cream, mayo and taco enhancer for a dip! So good.
I went with a mix of breadcrumb and panko for texture. The breadcrumb we have was rather powdery and I wanted more of a crunch. Thank you panko! Using both ensured full bread crumb coverage.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 1/2 cup bread crumb
- 2 1/2 tbsp Big Cove Foods Taco Enhancer spice blend
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425, convection if you have it.
- Cut the chicken breasts into equal size strips and salt them lightly on all sides. We got 14 portions, but will depend on the size of the chicken
- In one medium sized shallow bowl, add the flour and stir in 1/2 tbsp of the Taco Enhancer. In a second medium sized shallow bowl, add the eggs. In the third medium sized shallow bowl, add the panko and breadcrumbs mixed with the remaining 2 tbsp of Taco Enhancer spice.
- Line a large baking sheet with tin or parchment paper and place a wire wrack on top. If you don't have a wire rack, don't sweat, just place them directly on the lined pan.
- Bake the chicken fingers for 15 minutes, then flip and return them to the oven for another 15 minutes. Check to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 and it is nice and crispy. Add an additional 5 minutes if necessary or use the broiler for 1 minute each side to brown up.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce!